- Try to eat a healthy snack at home before attending a party. You will be more likely to make better choices if you aren’t famished!
- Go for the veggie trays FIRST before hitting the dips. Avoid excessive bread and carb eating. These are the foods that make us feel bloated and add pounds post-holiday.
- Don’t deprive yourself! If you see a sweet holiday treat you adore- go ahead and try it, but take ½ or ¼ of the portion. Often times, it’s just the taste we want, not the feeling of being so full.
- Stay hydrated! Between the additional salt, sugar, and alcohol content during the holidays, our bodies need that water to fight the colds and germs that we are exposed to during parties. Stay committed to 6-8 glasses of water per day.
- Take a smaller sized plate when sitting down for that great family dinner. You will take less of everything.
We hope you have a joyous and healthy holiday season!