By Julie Wolfley PT, DPT, OCS
Happy National Women’s Health Week! This year marks the 20th anniversary and runs from Mother’s Day to May 18, 2019 with a focus of encouraging women to be as healthy as possible. #NWHW
Celebrate YOU! Take this week to make a step toward improving your physical or mental health.
Here are a few physical ideas to celebrate you this week that may help you on your healthy path.
- Schedule your annual Primary MD visit to get your preventive screening and bloodwork
- Schedule you annual mammogram
- Drink more water, 11 cups a day is recommended for the average female by the National Academy of Medicine
- Get at least 7-9 hours of sleep
- Calculate your BMI ( bmi-calculator.net)
- Be physically active for at least 30 minutes a day
- If you have aches and pains with your physical activity, contact your physical therapist to assess your symptoms to restore your activity level.
- Consult with a nutritionist if you want some healthy eating tips